Friday, May 24, 2013

Weekend getaway in April

On 20th-22nd of April, my sis and I had a short trip back to Surabaya to attend my cousin's wedding reception. We were asked to be the receptionist.  We agreed to help to show our gratitude, because her family helped us when my eldest sis got married. Family have to help each other, indeed.

We arrived in Surabaya around an hour past noon time. We were almost stranded at the airport! My bro almost didn't pick us up at the airport because everyone thought our arrival was at 330pm, the airline's usual arrival schedule a few years back. Luckily, my uncle, the bride's father, informed my mom and bro that the airline schedule was different from the previous, haha.

We had a scrumptious lunch at Ikan Bakar Cianjur;  we ordered 2 gurame fish (!), tahu goreng and mixed veggie sour soup (sayur asem). And my drink was coconut with orange juice. It was like heaven..eating good food everyday..

After reaching home, we relaxed for awhile until playtime with Matthew at dinner! hohoho... The whole family ate at Malay Village in Supermall Pakuwon Indah for dinner, with Matthewww of course!! He didn't differ so much from 2 months ago, but he was heavier. And smarter :) And I think he's exploring his voice, because my sis said nowadays he liked to shout and laugh loudly. Such a cutieeee...

me and matthew @malay village :)
As always happened lately, going back to Surabaya always gives me a nostalgic feeling. After Sunday service, I realized how we all grew up so much. Almost all of the founding pastors' kids of GKBP MDC are abroad, for studying or working. We used to be the one receiving so much love from church members, being cooed while in our mothers' arms. Now, the next generation has sprouted. Now is our time to give guidance and lead them. Ah.. how time passed by so fast.. 

Back to our main agenda: the wedding reception. We spent our afternoon to beautify ourselves; did our hair and make-up at home. After all was done, my hair was storm-proof with all the hairspray. I wonder how the hair stylist isn't poisoned after long hours basking in hairspray. And I looked tan. I think the make-up artist used foundation / powder a shade too dark hahaha..

me and matthew @ the wedding reception
Actually, one day before we flew back to Surabaya, I fell down the MRT stairs. Because of playing Candy Crush while walking down the steps. stupid. careless. i know. hahhaha.. And because of that, my left ankle was swollen, and I gotta wear heels. sigh. Lucky I didn't have to move around so much as a receptionist.

Annnddd... the next day we already had to fly back to Singapore. sigh. last day of playing with Matthew.

There's an additional routine to his days; walking around the complex in the morning with him in his stroller. He was excited to see a lot of things. He noticed small things we missed.

Oh, and we opened his early birthday present; it was a cone with colorful rings. My mom was showing him how to play it when a thought crossed through my mind. I playfully asked him, "Which one is RED?". I know my sis taught him basic colors, so I thought, let's see what he could do. And... he actually picked the red color ring. Hmm.. it was a coincidence maybe. Then I asked him, "Where is the YELLOW ring?". And he picked yellow. wow. 2 coincidences in a row. Then I asked him again, "Where is the BLUE one?". He looked around for awhile... and he picked blue. Hmmmm.... at 10 months old? He can really differentiate colors? Or he was just super lucky hahaha.. Either way, it's good :P

matthew @the airport. look how happy he is haha :D
And because we didn't want to part with Matthew so soon, my parents brought him to the airport with us. It was his first time going to the airport, looking at the airplanes. Even when we were still in the car, he was already so eager looking at those planes. Unfortunately, the viewing plaza was no longer accessible to public. humph. And because there were so many people smoking and the hot weather, he couldn't stay for so long. So.. bye bye Matthew.. hiks.. so long.. 'til the next time we meet again :(

2 comments:

  1. ehhh..matthew emang pinter yooo.. emak e angel2 ngajari ben hari ampe juweh.. hahaa.. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. wakakakaka.. iya iyaaa.. coba pinter e ga mood2an :P

    ReplyDelete