Monday, October 14, 2013

Smoulder

As a farewell token for my (ex-)colleagues, I bought chocolate lava cakes from Smoulder. At first, I just wanted to buy simple snacks from Old Chang Kee or the likes, but since there's no nearby OCK outlet near my office and my break time was limited, I decided to look for some dessert shops nearby office from hungrygowhere.com.

I stumbled upon Smoulder, which was placed 1st in my search result. Lucky the place is very near office, within 15-minute walk to and fro office, plus buying time.

I like their website (http://www.smoulder.it), though it gets a little bit confusing when you scroll down. Almost all the flavour are listed there.
I went to their main outlet at China Square Food Centre and bought a combination of 9pc and 3 pc boxes. Yeah, they have an unusual package for ordering. I thought they would offer the normal half dozen / a dozen pricing.

The available flavours at the outlet vary a bit from what is listed in the website. There are additional oreo and milk chocolate; less mocha and raspberry flavours. The rest are the same as in the website. I bought all the available flavours there.

I named the signature chocolate and dark chocolate wrongly in the picture. They are supposed to be the opposite.

They are best eaten warm. They come in small sizes, so those with large mouth can eat one whole piece at one go. For me, I still need to bite twice. Actually I can eat it in one mouthful, but it will be very unsightly. And the melting filling is hot. I'm not that good with hot stuff.

I ate the rum raisin, and it's nice! It contains alcohol though. The rest of the office all exclaimed that the cakes were very nice. So, I didn't make a bad decision on buying from Smoulder. All are satisfied.

For those on diet, you can consider to buy this when you are very tempted to eat sweet stuff. At least they come in small sizes, so they won't add too much calories into your body :) You won't feel that guilty :) Just don't buy too many.

Main outlet:
China Square Food Centre
51 Telok Ayer Street #01-04
S048441, Singapore
Phone: +65 6225 6422
Opening hours: Mon-Fri, 8am to 8pm. Closed on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.

Branch:
Raffles City Shopping Centre
252 North Bridge Road #B1-68
S179103, Singapore
Phone: +65 6338 0661
Opening hours: Dailiy, 11am to 10pm

Email: enquiries@smoulder.it
Jobs: careers@smoulder.it

No comments:

Post a Comment