Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Nexcare Acne Patch

Time for another beauty product review.

Last week, I had this extra large pimple on my forehead. Just after I thought to myself, "Good, now I have less pimples on my forehead". Then I got one. Big time. Literally.

It was so red and huge that my sis told me to just cover it up with acne patch. But I didn't have one. So I temporarily covered it with band-aid, cut into small piece, until I bought a proper acne patch.

The only brand I know selling acne patch is Nexcare. So I went to Guardian to purchase one during my morning break time in office. I read the package and felt a little bit skeptical.
It reads
water-based material that acts like a sponge to absorb the oily secretion, fluid or pus.
waterproof yet breathable to improve healing.

I thought the patch colour  would be the colour of my skin, but it looked transparent. And it is transparent -..- How can it disguise the pimple....

Let's give it a try I thought. No harm.

And, it really worked!

I wore it for 2 days and it absorbed oil and the pus from my acne. And my pimple deflated significantly after 1 day! The only negative note is the transparent colour which makes it unable to cover the pimple completely. Besides that, all is great!

Definitely going to wear it when pimple attack comes. Hopefully none will ever come again....

*update #1: it only works if you put the patch on the acne opening, as indicated in the "How to Use" section on the back of the box. Meaning, you have to prick your acne with needle first, small prick will do, then paste the patch on top of it. Next day, all the pus will come out and the inflammation vanish. Voila.

*update #2: I think I should mention that I put on the Nexcare Acne Patch after The Regimen routine. It still sticks pretty well, just need to wait for your skin to completely absorb the moisturiser before pasting the patch on.

No comments:

Post a Comment